Cary, NC — Fest in the West, a brand-new Cary festival, will celebrate our areas’s rural roots with beer, food, live music, olde’ time demonstrations, homemade crafts, kids activities and more on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at Parkside Town Commons.
Fest in the West
CaryCitizen created Fest in the West to meet the demand for an event in west Cary.
Fest in the West will have everything that makes a festival great, including beer, food and live music. We’ve kicked this festival up a notch, though, to include activities, games and arts & crafts that celebrate this area’s nearby farms and rich rural past.
Beer, Food, Music, Demonstrations, Games & Crafts
Four local breweries have already signed up to pour craft beers at the event, including Aviator Brewing Company, Bond Brothers Beer Company, Bombshell Beer Company and Raleigh Brewing Company. There will be a bounce house and a “little farm” for kids, old-fashioned contests, lots of food stands, bluegrass music and dancing, “village of yesteryear demonstrations,” local vendors selling homemade crafts and jewelry and much, much more.
CaryCitizen is still gathering musical acts, vendors and artists for this event, but here’s a sneak preview of who we have so far:
- Gourd Artists from the Triangle Gourd Patch
- Randy Stoltz, Local Blacksmith
- Pottery and wheel demonstrations from Cary Pottery
- Stained glass demonstrations from Village of Yesteryear Artists
- Birdhouses from Recycling is for the Birds
- Natural products from the NC Soap Opera Company and Heaven Scent Honey
- Jewelry from Spark Metal Studio and Holly Fields of Gold
There will also be face-painting, henna tattoos, “Dan the Magic Man,” a kettle corn stand and more. Check our website for a complete list, because new acts and vendors are being added weekly.
Oh yeah, and did we mention that admission to Fest in the West is completely free?
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Be a part of the fun at Fest in the West and promote your business while doing so! Each sponsor will have a booth and the chance to interact with our estimated 5,000 attendees. The following festival sponsorship opportunities are still available:
- Arts & Crafts Sponsor – Sponsor the arts & crafts area to have a booth and naming rights at the event.
- Photo Booth Sponsor – Sponsor our Western-themed photo booth to have a booth and your logo on the photo station.
- Contest Sponsor – Three contests/games will take place during musical breaks. Sponsor a contest for a booth at the event and to have naming rights for the contest.
- Little Farm Sponsor – Sponsor our “Little Farm” for kids to have a booth and your logo on prize giveaways for children.
- Beer Sponsor – Sponsor our beer stations to have your logo on souvenir beer cups.
Special sponsorship opportunities are also available upon request. Contact Lindsey Chester for prices and more information.
Save the Date!
Fest in the West
Saturday, May 21, 2016; 12 pm-6 pm
at Parkside Town Commons, 7119 O’Kelly Chapel Road, Cary