Recipe: Parmesan & Herb Crusted Salmon with Roasted Broccoli

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC — This recipe has become the one I’m known for. It all started just over two years ago when I had invited over the woman I was dating for our first meal at my place. I knew it needed to be something fresh, something healthy, something impressive — but also something that I couldn’t screw up. Read more

Cary Recipe

Recipe: Winter Chili That Won’t Slow You Down

Cary, NC – People may think spicy food is best for the cold weather, when really, you need something warm and hearty to help you power through the Winter months. A lot of chili can make you feel heavy and sluggish, so here’s a special recipe for  a chili that is both filling and light, with plenty of flavor too. Read more

Cary Holidays

Unique Cocktails for the Whole Holiday Season

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC – This time of year is packed with different holidays and get-togethers, so mix it up with some seasonally and thematically appropriate cocktails. Here are some ideas for different holidays and occasions.

Read more

Thanksgiving

Recipe: Vegan Stuffing for Thanksgiving

Cary, NC – Thanksgiving is a popular holiday but the same staple Thanksgiving dishes can get repetitive, even dull. To change things up this Thanksgiving, here is a recipe for a vegan stuffing.

Read more

Downtown Cary Farmers Market

What I Made from the Downtown Cary Farmers Market

Cary, NC – Fall is one of my favorite times of year to hit the Downtown Cary Farmers Market on Saturday. It’s fun to let the market guide what I make that weekend. This past weekend I was craving Thai food, and as always, the market provided me with plenty of inspiration to make the laziest, tastiest Coconut Eggplant Soup over Jasmine Rice. Yum! Read more

Cary Ice Cream

Recipe: Homemade Ice Cream- No Cranking Required

Cary, NC – I’ve always wanted to make my own ice cream. I admit ice cream is my absolute, number one favorite dessert. I’m the birthday girl that prefers a Carvel ice cream cake to anything with buttercream icing. So when I heard that it was possible to make my own homemade ice cream that doesn’t require a machine and a gallon of rock salt, I was all over that idea. Read more

Recipe

Recipe: Shrimp Tacos with Homemade Guacamole and Pico de Gallo

Cary, NC – Ever since our kids flew the coop, my husband and I have been enjoying making food that we like and eating at all kinds of crazy hours, many times as late as 9 PM. One of our recent late-night summer meals was a dinner of Shrimp Tacos with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Fresh and spicy and perfect for our overheated summer here in Cary, NC.

Read more
Cary Recipe

Recipe: It’s Time to Make Pesto

Cary, NC – Right about now, if you have a garden, or a raised bed, or even a pot that contains basil, you are ready to harvest. And that means it’s time to make pesto!

Read more

Recipe: Mocha Biscotti with Nuts and Espresso Drizzle

Cary, NC – The coffee craze has hit the South with so many Northerners and Pacific Coasters joining our towns. And who doesn’t love a little something sweet to go with an excellent pour-over or Cappucino? Here’s an easy recipe for biscotti that we made recently; simple ingredients and cooking methods, and you don’t have to be from Italy to make them. Read more

Cheesecake Recipe

Key Lime Cheesecake, In Time For Spring

Cary, NC – Who loves cheesecake? We do, and our good friend Jane made this one for a St Patrick’s Day dinner, but really it’s great for Spring or Summer. The fresh zing of lime coupled with creamy cheesecake is a great combination. And being Italian and from New York, we just know she knows her way around a good cheesecake recipe. This one won’t disappoint and she swears it’s easy to make. Read more