Cary, NC – Folks remember the first preachers in the area and Cary religious traditions.
Morrisville, NC – The Pugh House is arguably the premier historic property in all of Morrisville, and after an exterior renovation last year, the decision now falls to Town Council of what to do with this nearly 150-year-old house. Read more
Cary, NC – During World War II, the folks back in Cary kept the home-fires burning. Read more
Cary, NC – Vivian Dalmas, Lewanna Stout, Rosemarie Verhoeven and Linda Weaver told us how, in 1967, they introduced the first program to teach deaf children 18 months and older into a public school. It was one of the very first in the U.S. Over time, the program extended into some middle and high schools throughout North Carolina. Read more
Cary, NC – The Guess-White-Ogle House has been in Downtown Cary for nearly 200 years and Sheila Ogle, the house’s current owner and the woman responsible for much of its restoration and current status, has written a book sharing not only the house’s long history but also the memories of people who have stayed and visited. Read more
Cary, NC – In 1893, the two-room segregated Cary Colored School opened off of Shirley Drive behind what is today Cary Elementary School. In 1900, Dr. Rev. Meadows became the principal and one teacher, and Ada Ruffin was the second teacher for grades 1-6. When students graduated from the 6th grade, they were bused to Berry O’Kelly segregated High School in Method, a suburb of Raleigh.Read more
Cary, NC – Many folks remember the earlier history of the Rogers building at 149 East Chatham Street. Where EE Salons is now and before Rogers Restaurant was there, the building housed an earlier restaurant called the Rendezvous. And before that, it was a feed store and chicken hatchery. Here are some early memories.Read more