Gingerbread house by Design Bridge, Amsterdam.
Cary, NC – Triangle Family Services and Cary’s Umstead Hotel are once again serving up their Gingerbread Benefit this Thursday, November 29, 2912. The event helps TFS annually serve 7,000 Triangle residents.
Local celebrity chefs create and donated the gingerbread houses to Triangle Family Services and serve as the catalyst for a daylong event. It begins with a morning preview of the houses, then an afternoon tea, followed by a live and silent auction. The event is the organization’s signature money raiser.
This is the 10th year of the benefit, but actually the 75th year of operation for Triangle Family Services. All proceeds go directly to support their mission of “building a stronger community by strengthening the family”. TFS focuses on three key areas: financial stability, family safety and mental health services. 93% of the families served are living below the poverty level.
Three Successful Programs
TFS has a whole menu of programs, but these three caught our attention:
- Domestic Offenders Sentenced to Education (DOSE) Program, where violent individuals attend anti-violence education workshops. Through this successful program, 95% of participants are re-introduced to their normal life without repeat offenses.
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS) provides comprehensive financial literacy to 2359 residents in 2010 through 133 workshops. Folks learn all budgeting, credit and housing issues.
- Time Together Supervised Visitation and Exchange Center (TTSV) is the only program of its kind in Wake County. Through this program, visits were made between non-custodial parents and children. It fosters family relations while keeping the children safe.
presented by Triangle Family Services
November 29, 2012
Umstead Hotel Ballroom
100 Woodland Pond Drive
Cary, NC 27513
1. Gingerbread House “Sneak Preview”-12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Meet, Mingle, and have discussions with the talented and exclusive group of Raleigh’s finest chefs and bakers who are designing this year’s Gingerbread Houses. $25 per person.
2. Children’s Tea with Santa– 4:00pm-5:00pm
Includes making your own gingerbread house hot chocolate and treats, visit with Santa while listening to a Christmas story. $55 per person / $195 per family of four.
3. Evening Gingerbread Benefit (Adults only)-6:30pm-8:30pm
Bid on live and silent auction items while enjoying holiday music, beer and wine, and dining on savory and dessert delicacies prepared by The Umstead’s top chefs. $95 per adult / $180 per couple.
Visit Triangle Family Services to get tickets.