Candidates File for Local Elections
Cary, NC – In the blazing heat of mid-summer, candidates file for fall elections in Wake County. In the past few days, incumbents and hopefuls have submitted the paperwork to appear on the ballot in Cary, Morrisville and elsewhere across the county.
Candidates in Cary
Filing for candidates began on July 5, 2013 and continues through July 19. Slate of candidates is updated daily by Wake County Board of Elections.
- Ed Yerha – has filed to run for his appointed seat on Cary Town Council as one of two At-Large members.
- Jack Smith – has filed to retain his seat as District C member of Town Council
Cary votes on October 8, 2013.
Candidates in Morrisville
- Jackie Holcombe – has filed to retain her seat as Mayor of Morrisville.
- Mark Stohlman – has filed to challenge for the Mayor’s seat.
- Steve Rao – has filed to retain his At-Large seat on Morrisville Town Council
- T.J. Cawley – has filed to run for a seat representing District 2
- Margaret E. Broadwell – has filed to retain her seat representing District 4
- Vicki Scroggins Johnson – has filed to challenge in District 4
Morrisville votes on November 5, 2013.
Board of Education
Board of Ed Districts 7 & 9 cover much of Cary. See a map of BOE districts.
- Deborah Prickett – filed to retain her seat representing District 7
- Zora Felton – has filed to challenge in District 7
- Nancy Caggia – has filed to run in District 9
Voting day for Board of Education contests is October 8, 2013.
Across Wake County
Across Wake County, candidates have filed for elections from Angier to Zebulon.
See the full list of candidates who have declared in Wake County (except Raleigh and Cary). See the list for Cary and Raleigh.