Cary Weekend: Beer & Bacon Plus a Wine Dinner
Cary, NC — It’s one of those weekends of weird juxtaposition, according to the CaryCitizen Calendar of Events. On Saturday, the Beer & Bacon Festival rolls into town. And on Sunday, HoCA presents a special wine dinner at Academy Street Bistro. We’re a big town, but there’s just no reconciling those two things, so we’ll just have to roll with it.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Neither beer not bacon nor wine, Cary’s Town Council meets on Thursday evening. Find out what’s happening in Cary, speak out, or just put your feet up and enjoy democracy in action. With public unrest in so many countries (Egypt, Syria, Thailand and Ukraine to name just a few), we should all appreciate that democracy only looks easy when it’s well-run.
Cary Town Council Meeting
March 27, 2014
316 N. Academy St.
Saturday, March 28, 2014
Food Truck Rodeo to Benefit Cary Creative Center – 11 AM to 3 PM. Tasty eats by Blue Sky Dining, Sarge’s Chef on Wheels, La Farm Bakery, Barone Meatball Company. Face painting and balloon characters by Clowning Around with Justine and lots more. Cary Creative Center, 155 Wilkinson Avenue, Cary, NC 27513.
Beer & Bacon Festival – 12 – 6 PM at Booth Amphitheatre. “75 Craft Beers, 15 Restaurants, 10 Bacons from across the U.S. and lots of Piggy Love! This all-new Festival is an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO
Little Princess Ballet – Shows at 2 PM and 4 PM, presented by Cary Youth Ballet at Cary Arts Center.
USA Baseball National High School Invitational – The tournament with some of America’s best prep teams has been running all week and wraps up on Saturday. All day starting at noon at Thomas Brooks Park in Cary. More info at Town of Cary.
Sunday, March 29, 2014
Wine Dinner at Academy Street Bistro – “Join us for an evening featuring the wines of Antinori Winery. Chef Brian Fitzgerald will prepare a fabulous dinner to be paired with Antinori wines. A Toast, and four course dinner all paired with wines.
- WELCOME TOAST: 2012 Tormaresca Chardonnay 2012 Castello della Sala Chardonnay Bramito del Cervo 2011 Tormaresca Neprica passed assorted canapés
- FIRST COURSE: 2012 Antica Napa Chardonnay STROZZAPRETI PASTA sautéed shrimp, broccolini, sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic
- SECOND COURSE: 2011 Antinori Rosso Villa Antinori ROASTED MONKFISH cauliflower puree, roma tomatoes, olives, capers Lemon-rosemary extra virgin olive oil
- MAIN COURSE: 2010 Antica Cabernet Napa Sauvignon BRAISED LAMB SHANK red pepper polenta cake, roasted parsnips, grilled portobello mushrooms
- DESSERT : 2012 Tormaresca Torcicoda FLOUR-LESS VALRHONA CHOCOLATE TORTE amarena cherry gelato
More info about this and all other events on the Calendar.
The Calendar of Events is edited by Lindsey Chester. Wine glass photographed by Rik Ruff.