Cary, NC — Each year, Cary welcomes the onset of warmer weather with a variety of free, live outdoor music series. The list keeps growing – here’s what we found this year.
Guide to Live Music in Cary
Enjoy this list of almost 40 live, outdoor shows featuring local bands. Every show is free.
Live at Lunch
Thursdays in April and May; 11:30 am-1:30 pm
on the lawn at the Ivey Ellington House, 135 West Chatham Street, Downtown Cary
Bring your lunch or stop by one of downtown Cary’s restaurants and enjoy some mid-day music by local performers. Picnic tables will be provided. The remaining line-up includes:
- 04/21/2016 – Ben Torres (pop/rock pianist)
- 04/28/2016 – George Knott Duo (jazz)
- 05/05/2016 – My Cousin Skinny Duo (classic rock)
- 05/12/2016 – Hank Smith Duo (bluegrass)
- 05/19/2016 – Chris Overstreet (pop/rock)
- 05/26/2016 – Peter Lamb/Mark Wells (jazz)
Spring Concert Series
Wednesdays in April and May; 6 pm-9 pm
at Parkside Town Commons, 7119 O’Kelly Chapel Road, Cary
Enjoy these family-friendly shows around the restaurants and shops in this west Cary shopping center.
- 04/20/2016 – Four Founders
- 04/27/2016 – Swivel Hip
- 05/04/2016 – Ed Stephenson and the Paco Band – with Flamenco Dancer
- 05/11/2016 – Will McBride Group
- 05/18/2016 – Nick & The Babes
- 05/25/2016 – Paper Moon
Live in the District
Thursdays until June 2, 2016; 6 pm-8:30 pm
at Park West Village, Village Market Place, Morrisville
These Thursday evening shows take place on the lawn in front of the movie theater at Park West Village. You can bring blankets and chairs or dine outside at one of the surrounding restaurants to hear the music. Shows include:
- 04/21/2016 – Mikele Buck Band
- 04/28/2016 – Restless Raleigh
- 05/05/2016 – Darrell Harwood
- 05/12/2016 – Patrick Rock Band
- 05/19/2016 – Kasey Tyndall
- 05/26/2016 – 120 Minutes
- 06/02/2016 – Brittany Marie
Starlight Concert Series
Select Fridays in May, June and July; 7 pm
at Page-Walker, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary
The Starlight Concert Series is a lively series of concerts takes place in the beautiful gardens of the Page-Walker Arts & History Center. Bring a picnic and chairs or a blanket and enjoy music by starlight.
- 05/20/2016 – Polka Plus Band (polka music)
- 06/10/2016 – Craicdown (acoustic roots music)
- 06/24/2016 – Ash Breeze Band (bluegrass music)
- 07/08/2016 – Lounge Doctors (rock and blues)
- 07/29/2016 – Jamrock (reggae)
Wind Down Wednesdays
Wednesdays in June and July; 6 pm-9 pm
at Waverly Place, Tryon Road and Kildaire Farm Road, Cary
- 06/01/2016 – Magic Pipers Band
- 06/08/2016 – Band Of Oz
- 06/15/2016 – The Embers
- 06/22/2016 – Restless Raleigh
- 06/29/2016 – Jim Quick & Coastline
- 07/06/2016 – Bull City Syndicate
- 07/13/2016 – Spare Change
- 07/20/2016 – SwivelHip
- 07/27/2016 – The Soul Psychedelique
Saturdays in May, June, July and August
at the Sertoma Amphitheatre in Bond Park, 801 High House Road, Cary
Sponsored in-part by PineCone, these bluegrass shows take place in the intimate amphitheatre in Bond Park.
- 05/14/2016 – Mile Twelve – 5 pm
- 06/11/2016 – The Honey Dewdrops – 6 pm
- 06/17/2016 – Triangle Brass Band – 7 pm
- 07/09/2016 – The Harris Brothers – 6 pm
- 08/13/2016 – Charm City Junction – 6 pm
Missed Your Favorite?
Did I miss your favorite outdoor music series? Leave a comment below and it could be added to the story.
Story by Jessica Patrick. Photo by Waverly Place.