Cary’s first Live at Lunch started on Thursday, May 7, 2015 with a pleasantly simple idea: have local musicians perform live in Downtown Cary and give people seating options so they can enjoy the music for free during lunch.
Located on Fidelity Plaza at the intersection of Academy and Chatham Street, the event starts at 11:30 AM on a stage provided by the Town of Cary. The music series brings musicians from a variety of styles and backgrounds and Grammy-nominee Kate McGarry.
This year’s line-up includes:
- April 6, Kate McGarry – Jazz
- April 13, Nick Driver – Rock and Folk
- April 20, Cassey Cotton – Soul
- April 27, Ariel Pocock – Jazz
- May 4, Rory John Zak Duo – Country
- May 11, Garrett Newton Duo – Bluegrass
- May 18, Jimmy Weaver – Motown
- May 25, E.G. Peters – Classic Rock
And with all Live at Lunch performances and events, everyone is permitted and invited to bring their own food to the seating provided.
Story by staff reports. Photos by Lindsey Chester and Jessica Patrick.