Story by Matt Young
Cary, NC- Cary humor writer/blogger Cris Cohen has announced a humor writing contest to celebrate the fact that his upcoming book, Staying Crazy To Keep From Going Insane, is endorsed by Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist Dave Barry (one of my favorites). Deadline is April 12, so whip off something brilliant for your chance at fame and fortune.
The contest is offering others the chance to prove that they’re “just as funny – or funnier” – than Cohen. His blog, Nothing In Particular: An Incomplete Waste of Time, takes on any number of everyday subjects. From Cris about the contest:
“I am still in shock that I got an endorsement from Dave Barry. Almost every day my wife has to snap me out of my delirium with either cold water or electric paddles,” Cohen said. “I am holding the contest as a way to cope with this good fortune and to hopefully avoid further shock treatments.”
Send in a short humor column and you will be entered in a contest to win a copy of Dave Barry’s new book, “I’ll Mature When I’m Dead“.
Cohen’s contest rules:
* One entry per person (“even if you have multiple personalities”).
* Limited to people in the US and Canada (“I can’t afford the cost of shipping to Yemen”).
* Entry cannot be longer than 250 words
* Email entry to email@example.com
* The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, April 12, 2011
* The winner will be announced on the blog and Facebook page on Friday, April 15, 2011
* Content must be PG-rated.
* “Have fun!”