Story from staff reports. Photo by Hal Goodtree.
Morrisville, NC – A public input session for Morrisville’s 2012 Bond Referendum will be held Thursday, April 19, 6:30 pm at Morrisville’s Town Hall, 100 Town Hall Drive.
Public Input Session
The projects which will be presented for feedback from the public are in the categories of street improvements, public building improvements and parks and recreation. They include:
- Construction of International Drive extension from its current end to the future intersection with the McCrimmon Parkway or construction of McCrimmon Parkway Extension from NC 54 to Evans Rd.
- Public Works Facility Improvements
- Morrisville Aquatics and Fitness Center Renovations
- Construction of a Main Street Park and a Recreation & Senior Activity Center -Morrisville Community Park Phase III
- Land acquisition for Park and Open Space Property
Following the public input session, Council will discuss bond packages based on several factors, including the most recent Capital Improvement Projects survey, staff input and feedback from residents.
A bond referendum is an election procedure required by the North Carolina General Statues when a governmental unit (Morrisville, North Carolina) wishes to issue general obligation bonds to finance public projects. A vote of the people is required because general obligation bonded debt is secured by the governmental unit’s taxing authority.
For more information, please visit www.townofmorrisville.org/bondreferendum.