Food Truck Rodeo: Sunday in Downtown Cary
Cary, NC — It’s finally here, Cary foodies. The Chatham Street Chowdown, a food truck rodeo complete with beer, wine and 19 food trucks, is this Sunday, April 17, 2016 in downtown Cary.
There are 19 food trucks this year, listed below. Brueprint, Chatham Hill Winery and Fortnight will be serving beer and wine.
- Dusty Donuts – hot and fresh mini donuts
- Baton Rouge Cuisine – cajun seafood, chicken, jambalaya
- Chirba Chirba Dumpling – Chinese-style dumplings
- Pie Pushers – gourmet pizza
- The Wandering Moose – slow-cooked meats and fresh sides
- Ty’s All Natural – burgers, chicken, pitas
- Belgium Waffle Crafters – sweet and savory waffles
- Philly’s Cheesesteaks – cheesesteaks
- Baguetteaboutit – stuffed baguettes
- Jam Ice Cream – cones, sundaes, milkshakes, shaved ice and snow cream
- Bull City Street Food – foods from various regions around the world
- Stuft – gourmet stuffed potatoes
- Flattz Signature Flat Breads
- Barone Meatball Company – cheeseburger balls, chicken paremsan balls and more
- Banh Mi Ha Long – Vietnamese cusine
- The Humble Pig – low-cooked meats and homemade, southern sides and dessert
- Parlez-Vous Crepe
- Oak City Fish & Chips
- American Meltdown – gourmet grilled cheese
Music & Plenty of Seating
What makes Cary’s food truck rodeos great?
There is plenty of seating along the street, even though a lot of people will sit on the ground or stand around listening to the bands – this weekend’s event will feature classic rock and top 40’s hits from the West Street Band (from noon-2 pm) and pop, classic rock, R&B and beach music from Baileys Comet from 2:30-4:30 pm.
Chatham Street Chowdown Food Truck Rodeo
Sunday, April 17, 2016; 12 pm-4:30 pm
W. Chatham Street, Downtown Cary
What if it rains? The event will be held rain or shine.
Where should I park? Off N. Academy St. across from the Cary Depot.
Do you have to miss this Sunday? No worries – three more are planned for this year.
2016 Chatham Street Chowdown Series
- Sunday, June 26: 5 pm-9:30 pm
- Sunday, July 31: 5 pm-9:30 pm
- Sunday, October 2: 5 pm-9:30 pm
Story from staff reports. Photos by Pie Pushers and Baguettaboutit. Map by Town of Cary.