Triangle Chili Challenge

Downtown Chili Contest Returns as Cold Weather Comes In

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC – For the fourth year, Cary residents can try some of the best chili in the state and vote for their favorites in this new annual tradition. Read more

Triangle Chili Challenge

Weekend Events: Triangle Chili Challenge, Soccer Championships and More

Cary, NC – It’s finally starting to feel like Autumn, so keep warm during this cool weather with events all across Cary. That includes the ACC Women’s Soccer Championships here in Cary, plus the Triangle Chili Challenge, holiday kick-off events and more. Read more

2019 Holiday Events in Cary and Morrisville

Cary, NC – Halloween only ended a few days ago so it’s already time to start planning for the holidays. Here is a list of all the holiday events in Cary and Morrisville this year. Read more

Cary Regional Library

Photos: Cary Regional Library Grand Opening

Cary, NC – On Sunday, November 3, 2019, the Cary Regional Library had its ribbon-cutting ceremony, officially opening the new library up to the community. Read more

Good Hope Farm

How the Town of Cary Wants to Tackle Climate Change

Cary, NC – With climate change and carbon pollution now a dominant topic in the United States, the Town of Cary is reviewing ways to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, with a goal to reduce emissions by 100 percent in the next 20 years. Read more

New Downtown Fitness Center Balances the Physical with the Mental

Cary, NC – Cary Fit Project, now open in Downtown Cary, looks to approach fitness by balancing and coordinating the physical, mental and emotional parts of a person’s life, backed by experience from the world of professional sports. Read more

Weekend Events: Storytelling Festival, Cary Band Day and More

Cary, NC – This weekend is Cary Band Day, which has brought the town national attention for more than 50 years now. Also, hear some classic folktales and personal stories at the Old North Storytelling Festival and much more this weekend. Read more

Cary Education

529s and Estate Planning: What’s the Connection?

Cary, NC – Assets in 529 plans have grown significantly in recent years due to their college planning potential. But there’s another side to 529 plans that may appeal to you — potential estate planning benefits. [1]

Read more

Cary Pizza

Di Fara Pizza Tavern Bringing Brooklyn Style Pizza to Downtown Cary

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC – Opening in early 2020, Di Fara Pizza Tavern is a new restaurant in Downtown Cary with by-the-slice pizza and specially treated water to give it the authentic New York Pizza taste. Read more

Cary School

Samaritan’s Corner: The Embrace of Escape

Cary, NC – Welcome to Samaritan’s Corner. Let’s Talk!

Psalms 139:13-18 – “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous, how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them, they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”

I absolutely love this beautiful scripture because it describes just how personal God is. It describes, in detail, just how into us He really is. Before a child can ever have a relationship with another human being, God establishes His relationship with that child. God’s heart for children is so personal that He gives that child the first of His very best.

I could go on and on about His love for children, but instead I’m going to switch gears and talk about the teachers at Davis Drive Elementary, that He has assigned to be His own personal hands. Just when I think I’m getting to the end of my time of driving a YMCA bus, the Lord allows me to witness something that makes me love driving that old number 66 all over again.
Read more