Money Matters: Protect Yourself

Cary, NC — The risks to your wealth aren’t only in the financial markets. The wealthier you become, the more liability protection matters. We live in a litigious world, one in which even friends and neighbors can be convinced to see opportunity in the wake of misfortune.

Read more

Weekend Events: Tennis and E-Sports Tournaments, The Oscars Viewing Party, and More

Cary, NC — This weekend is quite random, to be honest with you. On the bright side, everyone should be able to find something they like from this line-up. Events in Cary and around the triangle range from an all-weekend online gaming tournament and Russian Festival to a star-studded Oscars Party and the Downtown Food & Flea. Take your pick!

Read more

Town HR Consultant Shows Creative Side in New Art Exhibit

Cary, NC — The walls of Cary’s public facilities are regularly decorated with exhibits of locally made art presented by the Town of Cary. The latest collection of paintings in Town Hall is from an artist who is also a member of the Town of Cary staff, Russ Hughes.

Read more

Business Bits: New Restaurants, Fenton Update, Sams Jones House and More

Cary, NC — There are three new restaurants to add to your radar in Cary along with upcoming changes at the Fenton and The Sams Jones House.

Read more

Cary Players Present Death By Design at The Cary Arts Center

Cary, NC — A new play, Death By Design, will bring a story of murder and mayhem to the Cary Arts Center stage starting this weekend. The show is presented by the Cary Players Community Theater Company and is sure to entertain.

Read more

Weekend Events: Daddy-Daughter Dance, Farmers Market, Krispy Kreme Challenge and More

Cary, NC — This weekend is all about having fun and getting out of the house! Whether you want to take in a movie at The Cary Theater, a play at the Cary Arts Center, a morning meditation at the Cary School of Music or even run 5 miles and eat 12 doughnuts all in the same hour, you don’t have to travel far to make it happen.

For a full list of Cary events, go to the CaryCitizen Calendar.

Read more

Reducing Waste on Local Levels Inspires Cary Non-Profit

Cary, NC — “Refuse what you do not need; reduce what you do need; reuse what you consume; recycle what you cannot refuse, reduce, or reuse; and rot (compost) the rest.”

This quote comes from the author of Zero Waste Home: The Ultimate Guide to Simplifying Your Life, Bea Johnson. It’s more than just words to Leigh Williams and Dargan Gilmore, the co-founders of Toward Zero Waste, an NC non-profit organization based in Cary working a step at a time to help the community reduce their waste.

Read more

Recipe: Parmesan & Herb Crusted Salmon with Roasted Broccoli

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC — This recipe has become the one I’m known for. It all started just over two years ago when I had invited over the woman I was dating for our first meal at my place. I knew it needed to be something fresh, something healthy, something impressive — but also something that I couldn’t screw up. Read more

Weekend Events: Beer, Yoga, Music, Pet Adoptions and More

Cary, NC – This weekend in Cary, there is no shortage of live performances and unique small business offerings.

Read more

Cary’s Heritage: Then Tobacco Farms and Warehouses, Now Bradford Plaza

Cary, NC — Adapted from Just a Horse-Stopping Place, an Oral History of Cary, North Carolina by Peggy Von Scoyoc, published in August, 2006. This story is about tobacco farming in Cary, particularly at the corner of Davis and High House that includes The Bradford.

Read more