Video: Cary Plumbing Radio Jingle

Cary, NC – This is the second installment in our series on radio jingles created by Cary Players for the production of “Yes, Virginia.”“Jingles,” of course, are short, catchy songs written specially for advertisers to promote their products or services.

This second clip is for Cary Plumbing. You can also find it on YouTube.

Credits

Cary Plumbing Jingle

Lyrics: Debra Grannan
Music: Debra Grannan & Craig Johnson

Singers: Jordan Blais, Mathew Harvey, Joanna Herath, Jeri McKee, Bonnie Roe, Megan Woronka

Cary Players production of “Yes, Virginia”

Director: Debra Grannan
Producer: Phil Lowden
Music Director: Craig Johnson
Costumes: LeGrand Smith

Video

Producer/Director: Hal Goodtree

Meet Kay Struffolino, Cary’s Hometown Spirit Award Winner

Kay-stuffalino_2

Story & photo by Leslie Huffman.

Cary, NC – If there has ever been a person that exemplifies hometown spirit, it is Kay Struffolino. Originally from Northern Pennsylvania, Kay and her family moved to Cary in 1972. The population of Cary then was around 9,000 people. Read more

Cary History: Henry Adams

henry adams

Cary, NC – With thanks to Peggy Van Scoyoc and her book, Desegregating Cary, which is on sale at the Page-Walker History Center in downtown Cary. The book is a collection of oral history interviews conducted between local citizens and Friends of the Page-Walker. Proceeds from the sale of this book support the preservation of Cary’s history.

What follows is from Henry’s son, Charlie:

Making a Mark in Education and Local Business

Henry Adams was born and raised in Cary. He left Cary to go to college at Trinity Park, which is now Duke University. He had a sister who had a drugstore in Durham and she heavily influenced him to go to pharmacy school in Massachusetts. When he came back, he opened a drugstore in Cary. He ran Adams Rexall Drugs until he tired of that and found out that I was not going to be a pharmacist after college. So he sold the store to Ralph Ashworth and opened an appliance store on Chatham Street. He had that store until he died. Later, an elementary school was named after him – The Henry R. Adams Elementary School. Read more

Cary Parks #3: Rose Street Park

Part 3 in our Cary Parks series.

Cary, NC — Earning the distinction of Cary’s smallest park, it is easy to drive past Rose Street Park and not realize what you are missing. Situated at the end of Rose Street in the Burtrose neighborhood, the unassuming ⅔ acre park could seemingly fit inside the K-mart it is located immediately behind. However, for the park-goer looking for a quaint, neighborhood park, Rose Street may just fit the bill perfectly. Read more

Recipe: Potato Pancakes for Hanukkah

Story by Leslie Huffman

Cary, NC – Happy Hanukkah to all our friends in Cary! Here’s a recipe for potato pancakes the Hanukkah way (also called latkes). They’re both symbolic and delicious. And you don’t have to be Jewish to enjoy them. Read more

Profile: Mike Bajorek, Assistant Town Manager

Story by Matt Young, photos by Hal Goodtree.

Cary, NC – Tuesday we stopped by Town Hall to talk to Mike Bajorek, Cary’s Assistant Town Manager since July, 2009. Prior to becoming Assistant Town Manager, Bajorek was Cary Public Works Director. Read more

The People of Cary: Sheila Ogle

Story by Matt Young, photo by Hal Goodtree

Cary, NC – “You have got to talk to Sheila Ogle.” I was given that advice a half dozen times. Finally we contacted Mrs. Ogle to see if we could spend a little time with her. Read more

Cary Parks #2: Thomas Brooks Park

Part 2 in our Cary Parks series.

Cary, NC — At Thomas Brooks Park in Cary, world-class baseball players sharpen their skills next to kids climbing on the monkey bars and families picnicking beneath a shelter. With perfectly manicured grass and top notch facilities, it’s a municipal park like few others in the world. Read more

History: Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church

Story by Mary Beth Phillips, photo by Hal Goodtree

Morrisville, NC – Finding a Cary-area native is getting harder and harder these days, but if you travel down the road from Cary just a piece, you can find a community made up of folks that have been born and bred in these parts since their families settled here in the mid-1800s. Read more

Dorcas Ministries Helping Cary Families

Story and photos by Leslie Huffman

Cary, NC – This past week, I finally cleaned out my closets. I made a huge pile of clothes that we’ve out-grown or cannot wear anymore. I’m now ready to donate my things so that my unwanted items help the community in the best way possible. Read more